Friday, March 26, 2010

International Jambox Jam of the Week: Dalida- "Flamenco Oriental"



Hey! Hey! Hey Hey Hey Hey!!

I know that this song is kinda old, but seeing as it was brought to my attention just a couple of months ago, it's still fairly fresh to me. I feel like I've been missing out on something mad important. This woman was amazing! She was so beautiful and talented! She recorded songs in Italian, Greek, French, Hebrew, Japanese, Arabic, German, and English (I'm pretty sure I missed a couple of languages), and has had 19 number one hit singles in at least four of them (Italian, French, German, Arabic). Yet, barely anybody over here in the states has ever heard of her! Amazing! And to top it all off, she's dead. That actually makes me sad because her music is so great. Luckily her fans still keep her legacy alive, and the website is still up for those of us who want to learn more about her. Until then, enjoy this Jam of the Week. Chow!

Get your life at Dalida.com
Hey! Hey! Hey Hey Hey Hey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All is Rosey and Grey

It's the perfect metaphor for life. Think about it...