Friday, October 30, 2009

52 Flavors Is Straight Killin' It! Plus The Importance Of "Me Time"

       Okay, I've been following this blog for a while now, and dammit I love it! A little background. The  blog is ran by a lovely lady know as The Pretty Brown Girl, and every week she always post a new mani (manicure for those not hip to the lingo) that she's done, always with different colors. There always pics and info regarding the color and brand that's she used for each mani, and tells you how the color holds up. She even gives the readers a heads up on upcoming sales as well. The first time I stumbled upon it I was like "hmm... this is freakin' awesome!" The styles, art and colors are always hot and easy to do, which is always a plus in my book! And nothing is ever the same. She's even inspired me to work on my nails a bit, but I don't think I'd post pics of them though. Too shy shy...! I wonder if she'll do pedi's next? Definitely worth checking out! Click.........Here! 
        Also, her blog really showed me something: That you don't have to spend a small fortune in the nail salons. You can sit your ass down somewhere for about 30 min. to 1 hr., grab your nail polish, and paint those claws yourself. Definately encourages "me time" which a lot of women don't seem to think they have time for anymore. We all seem to live busy lives lately, and when we do decide that it's time to pamper ourselves, we spend a small fortune in the salons and spas. It really doesn't have to be that way. With the way the economy is right now, we're all looking for ways to save without having to cut back too much. Now I'm not knocking the ones who like going to the salons and spas. There's totally nothing wrong with that. But there's also nothing wrong with a little at home pampering as well. We always love to give and get those spa kits with the body wash/body scrub/ foot scrub/facial mask/body lotion/nail care/ bath sponge etc in them, but how many of use actually take the time to use that stuff (beside the body wash and lotion)? How many of us actually take some time out to soak in the bath or do a little extra to our hair? Or paint our toes and wiggle them after we're done? Why do we always think we only have time for the necessary? If you just take a little time out the week to relax, unwind, and indulge in something that makes you happy, you'll not only look better, but you'll feel better as well. And that's what it's really all about isn't it?

Alls I'm saying is take a little time out for you. Pamper yourself. Go ahead and take that long soak in the bath! Paint your nails/toes! Lay around in your robe! Lay around in a venus pose and eat sweets all evening! Watch a cheesy girl flick! Whatever! "Me Time" is vital. It rejuvenates us! And when you do it at home, it's pretty cheap!

I dare you to try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All is Rosey and Grey

It's the perfect metaphor for life. Think about it...